York Mills borders are Yonge Street east to Leslie Street, along York Mills north to the 401. Part of the area is also known as Hoggs Hollow, named for James Hogg, a Scottish settler who settled in the area in 1824 and operated the mill on Yonge Street at the Don River. His sons, John and William subdivided his estate, which included 141 lots. Only a few houses were built due to the area being full of quick sand, swamps and bog. The development of the present day subdivision of Hoggs Hollow began in the 1920s with the creation of lots, layout of roads, and design of homes reflecting the aesthetic of the English countryside. The subdivision stood close to the historic village of York Mill. Another part is named St. Andrew-Windfields. St. Andrew-Windfields most famous resident was the popular Canadian Philanthropist E. P. Taylor who donated Parkland (now Windfields Park) and his mansion which is now the Canadian Film Centre.