Deer Park Real Estate Toronto Yonge and St. Clair Area
Deer Park is centred on the intersection of Yonge Street and St. Clair Avenue; its borders are the Vale of Avoca section of Rosedale ravine in the east, Farnham Avenue and Jackes Avenue in the south, Avenue Road and Oriole Parkway in the west, the Belt Line trail in the north on the west side of Yonge Street, and Glen Elm Avenue in the north on the east side of Yonge Street.
The name dates from 1837, when the Heath family purchased 40 acres of land on the northwest corner of Yonge and St. Clair and named it Deer Park. By the 1850s the neighbourhood included a racetrack, a school, and a hotel at which patrons could feed deer which roamed the Heaths' property. The Heath property was subdivided in 1846 and was entirely sold off by 1874.